Crafting is good for the soul

The world is much more beautiful with a little faith and a lot of magic...and tons of groovy handcrafted things!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

scary and sweet softcards

Darling Husband and I are already thinking about Halloween costumes, which makes me realize that it's also time to start thinking about All Things Halloween & Samhain. Ahhh.... my favorite time of the year. And a perfect time to start on a few softcards.

While I've made variations of embroidered notes over the past few years, I've settled on a basic design which is more like a traditional card. Except larger. And soft. Stiff felt, soft felt, scrap fabric, glue and embroidery thread all come together to make a darling and super special card.

Here are a few cards in progress:



1 comment:

Joyce said...

The black cat is so darling!
Not that I'm biased or anything.